12.23.2008

.:So... :.

...it's been awhile since I've really posted. Here's what's been going on in the past few months with me:

My grandfather passed away in September. He had alzheimers and His health had been really declining this past year.

On September 22nd a friend from college passed away. He was only 25 and a very good friend of my husbands. His loss was, is, deeply felt.

I've been settling into my new job. I'm not sure if I posted on here that I had changed jobs. I left my previous job at the bookstore at the end of July. I had been at the bookstore for five years and it was very difficult to leave. The environment at my new job is much different from that of the bookstore. It is really stretching me.

My Pastor retired at the end of November. He has been at the church for 21 years. The church is now in the process of finding a new Pastor. There are many decisions to be made over the next couple of months. I'm praying that the church would really be wise and unified. I remember a college professor telling me that the shelf life of a new Pastor coming in after one who had been there for decades was about two years. I'm praying that won't happen with our church. I'm also praying for my Pastor who just retired and his family. This is a huge change for them.

Jason was elected as a deacon at our Church this past Sunday. I'm really excited about this. We've both been getting more involved with the Church this past year and I'm really excited about some of the ministry opportunities that are popping up. Hopefully, I'll have more to share on that front in the next month.

Until next time, Alvederzane.

The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him .Nahum 1:7.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hi Katie!! We still miss u!! :-)