10.24.2008

.: Give Thanks :.

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"

I really love the song above by Henry Smith. It's lyrics are meaningful and to the point. Far too often I neglect giving thanks to the Lord. There is so so much to be thankful for. I wanted to take the time to share a few things that I've been thankful for this week.

I'm thankful for the Lord providing me with a job that is closer to my home. I am truly thankful that I don't have to drive as far and that I rarely sit in traffic now. I am thankful that this gives me more time to spend with Jason. I am thankful for faithful women in my church who have a heart for the Lord. I am thankful for locust shells that bring back memories of time spent collecting them with my sister at our Uncle Jonny's house. I am thankful for airplanes that bring friends who are far, near again. I am thankful for a loving God who is in control.

What are you thankful for tonight?

28Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, 29for our God is a consuming fire. .Hebrews 12:28-29.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hey Katie!
Good reminder...I'm thankful for His awesome MERCY and PATIENCE...
...and for really good coffee!! :-)