9.13.2008

.:Tuesday:.



Originally uploaded by jour.joyeux
This past Tuesday was the five month marker of my Gram's death. I was in Ohio for my grandfathers funeral. Though it was a somber event it was nice to be surrounded by family. My sister picked me up in Columbus Monday night and we drove to Youngstown which gave us some time to catch up. Tuesday we visited with a lot of family that I hadn't seen in about 15-20 years. Tuesday afternoon I rode back to Maryland with my parents. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip.

I have been thankful this week that this has helped me to draw closer to the Lord. I have really learned a lot these past few months about the faithfulness of the Lord. Matthew 5:4 says, "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted". I am thankful that I serve a God who is true to His word. He keeps his promises. I am grateful for the Lord's love, comfort and faithfulness.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. .Matthew 5:4.

No comments: