7.07.2008

.:Infiltration:.

About two weeks ago we found this little guy outside our front door. It was wounded so while it was gross it was not particularly scary. Saturday night neither of us were feeling very well so we were having some trouble getting to sleep. About 12:30 in the morning Jason thought he saw something moving in the room. Thinking it was a moth he was unconcerned at first. Then, he realized that it was a bat. He was in the bathroom in a flash and he called back to me to protect myself. Protect myself!?! What was I supposed to do to protect myself? Still half asleep, but becoming more alert by the second, I pulled the covers tight over my head. I assumed that Jason would be remedying the situation post-haste and I would be able to go back to sleep. Well, Jason did not remedy the situation post-haste. After what seemed like an eternity I convinced him to go downstairs and get a broom. While he was downstairs he decided to do a little research, have some wine, watch a movie, etc. Just kidding. He did do some research though. Meanwhile back in the bat-cave robin, I was still trapped underneath the covers. Jason returned with the broom and immediately went back into the bathroom. I joined him and we formed a plan. While researching he learned that it is best to open a window and try to get the bat to go out. We opened a window. The bat had been hiding in a window on the other side of the room during most of this ordeal. I prompted Jason to throw towels at the window so that the bat would start flying around and hopefully find the open window. Being paralyzed by fear Jason was unable to throw towels at the bat. Wanting to get to sleep at some point that evening I began throwing things at the bat. It did take flight and perched at the top of the open window. It was between the window and the curtain so I took the broom and started to prod it towards the opening. It flew out and all was well again. Neither of us were very tired after the "incident" so we watched Die Hard on cable. The next day Jason went out and bought a bat deterrent as well as a net so that I would be able to catch the bat if it were to return. Something to look forward to I guess.

The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. .Genesis 9:2.

2 comments:

josh canady said...

HILARIOUS!

Brianna said...

Hey Katie...that is so funny!! Hey...you're braver than I would be...I'd probably stay in the bathroom all night!! :-)
I LOVE your new template!