2.06.2008

.: Pratfall :.


the best of friends.
Originally uploaded by jour.joyeux
Pratfall: 1. a fall on the buttocks 2. a humiliating mishap or blunder.

My word of the day is pratfall. My awesome friend Val gave me a word of the day desk calendar for Christmas. I *love* it. I really love learning new words or recalling to mind old ones. This is a perfect gift for me. Even more than I love my awesome word calendar I love the fact that Val knew exactly what I would like. Her knowledge of my likes and dislikes show me that she really knows me. She knows more than just the surface Katie. The reason that she knows me so well is that we have spent a lot of time together. We have shared a lot of experiences and made a lot of memories. To build up a solid relationship you need to invest a lot of time into that relationship. It is the same with God. In order to really know God one must invest time into that relationship. Christians should be reading and studying his word to learn more about him. We should also spend time fellowshipping with other believers who will help us to grow and mature in our faith. In addition to deepening our relationship with the Lord, this helps to prepare us for the challenges that we will face in the world.

The photo above is one of those shared experiences with Val (and Meg and Diane) that I will never forget. I am the "Santa Claus" and Val is the "reindeer" on the left.

a charge from David to Solomon that I think we should all take to heart:

“And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever." .1 Chronicles 28:9.

No comments: