10.28.2007

.: Pumpkin Season :.


Fall is hands down my favorite time of the year. Living in the DC/Metro area for the past few years I wasn't really able to enjoy fall like I can when I am on the shore. I love seeing the rich fall colors and textures when I drive past the fields everyday. I love seeing everyone's freshly carved jack-o-lanterns adorning people's porches. I love the warm fall clothes (without having to be too bundled up) and rainy days that are perfect for movie watching. Most of all I love carving my own pumpkin. There are endless possibilities as to what you can make with one simple fruit and a sharp knife. I always look for a pumpkin with a really good stem. My favorite thing to do is to turn the pumpkin on it's side and use the stem as the nose.

"I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit." .Leviticus 26:4.

No comments: